Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Voice of An Ordinary Indian

                                              
In 2014, according to the Election Commission of India, 814.5 million people were eligible to vote for the 543 Lok Sabha seats. The average election turnout was around 66.38%, the highest ever in the history of Indian general elections. This was the first time I went to a polling station to cast my vote. Yes, FIRST TIME, because I felt , country needs progress, we need better life.  I went to cast my vote with the hope that now India will change. I believed Mr. Modi could do it. I saw the potential. I stood in the queue for an hour and finally voted for him. Today, I have no doubt that he is trying to do what he promised.

“Intolerance” is not a very common word for Indians. We have tolerated many corrupt, illiterate and arrogant politicians ever since British left the country. We have tolerated such (so called) representatives  of fringe elements from almost all religion, but never organized the national and international view on our own motherland to defame the Government. No one ever went to Pakistan and sought support to uproot and throw away the Government in power. I wonder, if  staying out of power can be so frustrating ?. The agenda seems very loud and clear “Development? if we did not do it, why should you?”. There seems to be a competition among some of our politicians, writers and celebrities to prove who can throw more muck on the Government and all those who voted for them.   

There are efforts to prove that “ Make In India” , Clean India” or any other campaign run by the Government are only farce and cannot yield any result( No matter how much Government will try but we won’t let that happen). An indirect attempt to block investment to India, discourage flow of foreign tourists and prove India will remain dirty. Is it a campaign against the Government or people of India?. It’s like yelling at people like me, “ You voted for Modi, we will teach you a lesson”.  

I believe in today’s India. I believe in the aspirations of young Indians. No matter, who comes to power, people will seek accountability. India cannot stop. India is not “Banana Republic” as perceived by some and particularly Shri Robert Vadra.
21st Century belongs to us!! 

Bharat Mata Ki Jai.

Capt. Virendra Nath Mishra

No comments:

Post a Comment