Friday, November 20, 2015

Pain of An Ordinary Indian

I found a very interesting question on a famous website quora.com ,  “How do so many people from Bihar clear the civil services exam?” This question only shows that there is no dearth of educated, competent and qualified people in Bihar. People from Bihar have earned respect by occupying most dignified and celebrated public offices now and also in the past, be it President of India, Chief Justice of India, Governor RBI, Speaker of Lok Sabha and the list can continue for the rest of the page.

Today, when I see Tejaswi Yadav, son of Lalu Prasad Yadav, appointed as Dy Chief Minister of Bihar, I feel helpless, I feel people like me do no matter. I feel, there is no one to hear what we have to say. Democracy in a state with low literacy rate can brutally murder the very concept of democracy. A state heavily divided on the basis of caste and religion can kill meritocracy. Imagine, most qualified and competent bureaucrats reporting to a person who did not even finish school. What a mockery of democracy!!!

To add insult to injury, we see picture of Mr. Arvind Kejriwal, congratulating and hugging Lalu Prasad Yadav. This man had started crusade against corruption not very long ago. Today he looks completely comfortable being in their team with broad smile on his face.

Capt. Virendra N Mishra
Bharat Mata Ki Jai

No comments:

Post a Comment